- Fundación Iberdrola España and the Etorkintza Foundation collaborate in the creation of the “Hegan” Project for youth integration and entrepreneurship.
- Thanks to the funding of 34,300€ from Fundación Iberdrola, 30 young people aged between 16 and 29 will receive occupational training.
Fundación Iberdrola España and the Etorkintza Foundation have been collaborating for 4 years in the creation of this project. The entity works with young people in vulnerable situations in Bilbao, seeking to promote their autonomy and enhance their skills and self-esteem.
The project is aimed at improving the quality of life of young people, between 16 and 29 years old and who require a comprehensive intervention, oriented to well-being.
These young people respond to three profiles:
- Group 1: 16-18 years old. Adolescents with early school leaving and family conflicts. The support is directed to a psychotherapeutic attention of personal reinforcement, which restores their low self-esteem.
- Group 2: 19-23 years old. Young people who are not involved in any educational, entrepreneurial, or work-related activity. The intervention with this population is oriented to the search for basic training that will help them to re-launch themselves in the labor market.
- Group 3: 24-30 years old. Young people who come to our Day Center, with mild psychiatric problems, judicial problems, in the process of recovering from addictions and with no academic training.
The entity also works with women in vulnerable situations, with dependent minors, mostly immigrants and with little or no support network. This is the minority group and the one with the greatest difficulty in bringing them closer to the labor market.