Ilundain Haritz-Berri Foundation
- Fundación Iberdrola España and the Ilundain Haritz-Berri Foundation collaborate once again in the creation of the project “Bizi-Baso, El Bosque de la Vida”
- Thanks to the €40,000 funding from Fundación Iberdrola España, 150 young people will be involved in actions beneficial to the environment
Fundación Iberdrola España and the Ilundain Haritz-Berri Foundation have been collaborating in the creation of this project since 2016. The project’s main objective is to train young people at risk of social exclusion and their future integration within jobs related to the green economy.
To this end, young people participate in activities such as reforestation of forests with native species, nesting boxes for birds, beehives to promote pollination in the area, and complementary actions such as awareness and sensitization of society as a whole, through public plantations and activities with school groups, companies, and social entities, promoting the use of the forest as a tool for environmental education. In addition to training workshops on masonry, carpentry, and gardening within the structure of the program.
- To improve the training of young people at risk of social exclusion through real jobs and the service-learning methodology, thus favoring their future labor insertion.
- To promote respect for the environment and the implementation of sustainable actions, promoting the reforestation of forests in the Aranguren Valley (Navarra) with native species, as well as other actions to promote biodiversity.
- To involve society in this project, promoting integrating dynamics that involve successful experiences for the students, favoring social inclusion processes that generate social and environmental awareness.
Currently, more than 3,000 trees have been planted and more than 600 young people have participated in this project.