- Fundación Iberdrola España and Fundación FAD Juventud collaborate with the Project “Accompanying the labor market insertion of young people in training in renewable energies”
- A total of 31 people, including students and teachers from IES Francisco Tomás y Valiente de Madrid, have visited the CH. JMª Oriol and the Ceclavín PV. plant in Cáceres
The main objective of the project is to complement the training in occupations related to Renewable Energies of 22 vocational training students of the IES Francisco Tomás y Valiente de Madrid between 18 and 35 years old, who are studying the Degree in Electrotechnical and Automated Systems, through actions that promote and encourage the continuity of their training in the sector and/or facilitate their employability.
Among other training activities, 2 visits to IBERDROLA’s renewable generation facilities have been included.
Visit to the JMª Oriol Hydraulic Power Plant and the Photovoltaic plant in Ceclavín
After the general explanation, from the viewpoint over the Tajo river, about the characteristics and history of the Alcántara dam project and the José María Oriol hydroelectric power plant, the group visited and got to know in detail the Alcántara dam, the transformer area, and the alternator room.
In the afternoon, surrounded by the sheep of the CONVIVE Program, the group visited the nearby photovoltaic plant of Ceclavín, learning about the technical characteristics of the installation, its mode of operation, and the main maintenance activities carried out there.
Specific objectives of the project
- To inform them about the options and the training itinerary of the professions related to renewable energies (educational-training orientation).
- To increase their knowledge of the sector and its expectations, and of the business network and its requirements in terms of training and employment.
- To offer them tools for their professional itinerary and successful job search (labor-professional orientation).
- Improve their personal competencies and the most relevant and demanded soft skills in the occupations of reference.
- Promote the values of diversity and inclusion as a professional, personal, and social added value.
- Promote the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), green economy, and social commitment.