Boosting youth employment in Extremadura thanks to the project “Rompiendo Barreras”
February 23rd and 24th 2023
- The “Rompiendo Barreras” project of Fundación Iberdrola España and Fundación Ayuda en Acción aims to boost youth employment and energy transition in Extremadura
- A total of 26 people, including students and teachers from IES San José and IES San Roque in Badajoz, visited the PV plant. Nuñez de Balboa in Badajoz
- Likewise, 23 students from IES García Téllez de Cáceres and their teachers visited the PV. plant Los Arenales in Cáceres
The project aims to bring the business reality closer to Vocational Training students, introducing them to sectors and niches with a high demand for employment, as well as training and reinforcing their transversal competencies focused on promoting their entrepreneurial culture.
The aim is to motivate them by offering them updated information on the labor market and real hiring opportunities, as well as the different job opportunities for their studies, and to encourage them to make an effort to finish their studies, thus promoting educational continuity. Other training activities included visits to IBERDROLA’s renewable generation facilities in Extremadura.
It was very gratifying to see that some of the teachers coincided in these two facilities with several people they had trained in previous years and who are currently working in the plants as Iberdrola personnel, and in one case, in an external contract.
Visit to the Núñez de Balboa photovoltaic plant in Badajoz.
The activity was attended by students of the “Higher Degree of Energy Efficiency” Training Cycle, of the professional certificate of “Assembly and maintenance of solar photovoltaic installations of IES San Roque”, and also by some students of the “Middle Degrees of Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Installations” and the “Middle Degree of Heat Production Installations”.
Visit to the Los Arenales photovoltaic plant in Cáceres.
This visit was attended by students from IES Garcia Tellez:
- Higher Degree in Electronic Maintenance (1st and 2nd year)
- Medium Grade Electrotechnical and Automatic Installations (2nd year)
- Higher Grade Industrial Automation and Robotics (2nd year)
- Higher Degree in Renewable Energies (1st and 2nd year)
Fundación Iberdrola España
Since its creation, Iberdrola has been committed to the energy, cultural, educational, and social development of the communities in which it operates. In this regard, Fundación Iberdrola España represents a further step in this commitment, by promoting initiatives that contribute to improving people’s quality of life.
Furthermore, within the framework of Iberdrola’s commitment to excellence in training, Fundación Iberdrola España collaborates with scholarship programs of various institutions such as the Fulbright Commission, which each year calls for Iberdrola-Fulbright scholarships; the Fundación Carolina, which has a program for Mexican and Brazilian students; and the restoration workshops of the Museo Nacional del Prado and the Museo de Bellas Artes de Bilbao, which allow future specialists to complete their training in the conservation and restoration programs of these institutions.